Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Not a Good Day


When I started this blog I had every intention of being positive, light, and funny. Can't do it tonight, folks. Just found out I lost my teaching position at a school that I love. Tears are flowing. I feel like I have been kicked out of my family. The people I work with are not only amazing teachers but are also incredible people. In September, 2008, my water broke (I will discuss more in another post) at 21 weeks and I almost lost Sophie and Lindsay. I had to lay in a hospital bed for 7 weeks and was not allowed out of my room except for tests. During that time, all of the teachers at Northern Lincoln Elementary got together and rallied around me and my family. They brought me care packages, sent me cards, visited daily, made phone calls, etc... They even threw me a fabulous baby shower. These people are family to me and the thought of not seeing them all every day literally breaks my heart. You do not find people often who care so much about you and would do anything for you. I found these people and while I know they'll always be in my life, it will never be the same. I don't know that there is another school that exists that has teachers and people like those at Northern. I am grateful that I was able to experience this kind of "work family" at least once in my life. Maybe that is all I can ask for.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing in every way Kimmy. Everyday the funny things you say and your quick wit make me smile. I have to believe that this is an opportunity for bigger and better things, because you do not deserve anything less.
    Love & hugs,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete