Saturday, June 19, 2010

If You're Tired and You Know It, Clap Your Hands!


I am going to apologize right off the bat if my post doesn't make sense. I have had about 2 hours of sleep! I always assumed that once the girls were out of the waking-up-to-feed-every 4 hours-stage that I was home free! You veteran mommies can laugh. I know, it's funny.
Last night was one for the books. I am a night owl so I didn't go to bed until
11:30. At 12:30, I woke up to Lindsay screaming her head off. She has a cold so I chose not to ignore her and went in to see if she was okay. I attempted to lay her back down, gave her the binky and lovey, and told her to go back to sleep. No go! She kept screaming. So, against my better judgement, I scooped her up and put her in bed with us. Fast forward to 3:00. She is still awake-kicking me, pulling daddy's hair (have to admit I enjoyed that!), and laughing. Back to her crib she went. Again, screaming, crying, carrying on. By this time, Sophie is awake and has definitely pooped. I pick her up, put her on the changing table, and now she is laughing and throwing herself all over the table. This is when I turn into Linda Blair. I swear my head spun around and I began channeling the devil.
"Lay down, Sophie!," I growled.
This was met by even more laughter. Oh, and the best part is that there is poop all over the changing table. You know, the little rabbit pellets? I am literally scooping up poop in my hands!
I finally get her all cleaned up, wash my hands, and head back to bed. It is now after 4am and I make the critical decision to shut the monitor off, close my eyes, and ignore them. They were up by 7 and as of 10:45 they have refused to take a nap. And did I mention? We're going to a birthday party for a 2 year old today. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment