Monday, July 12, 2010

Life Really Is a Beach!!

I normally wouldn't post a picture of myself in a bathing suit on the internet but I felt compelled to show my readers that on our second visit to the beach I was able to sit down for a few minutes! Today was a much better day for Pa and me and there were no legal or illegal drugs involved!  And yes, the divas were with us!



We decided to bring a lot less with us this time.  We packed the beach buggy with towels, chairs, a small lunch box, a beach bag, and beach toys.  That was it.  We also got lucky because it was high tide so we didn't have to walk far to reach the water.  Pa and I also lowered our expectations quite a bit.  Let's face it, we knew it couldn't be worse than last time!  The girls enjoyed doing many things at the beach.  I even got to take some pictures of them this time!

Sophie enjoyed the surf and the water splashing in her face.  She also loved digging in the sand this time which is when I was finally able to sit down.






Lindsay entertained herself by making sand angels.




Both girls loved working together to see what happens when sand and water meet.
















All in all, it was a very relaxing day.  After the beach, the divas enjoyed a two-and-a-half hour nap at Nana and Pa's.  Upon waking up, they were treated to snack and a movie.  Gotta love Nana's house!




No comments:

Post a Comment