Friday, July 16, 2010

It's Getting Hot in Here

The heat wave that we are having in the East is killing me and the divas.  We try to get out in the morning and go to the library, Nana and Pa's, or to the beach.  We're home by 11:30 and in for naps by noon.  All three of us.  I am lucky in that the girls usually sleep until 2:30 or 3.  That is, except for tomorrow, because I have broken the unwritten rule among mommies and bragged about my childrens' nap schedule.  I digress.
After nap, though, it gets pretty warm in our living room.  I tried to get daddy (theirs, not mine) to put in central air but he wasn't having it.  I guess he has little sympathy for us since he is on a roof all day long!  So, the girls and I manage to keep ourselves cool by engaging in some fun activites.

Lindsay gets very serious about her domestic duties and cooks up some tasty treats and...






 cleans the house.


 


Sophie is more like me and enjoys the simple pleasures in life...

like chatting to her friends on her iPhone, "I know it, Curly Shirley, this heat is killing me too.  All I want to do is sit on the couch and eat munchkins."


Sometimes the heat really gets to her and I find her standing in a Huggies box staring into space.

Both girls are avid TV watchers so a little Elmo helps pass the time.

There is one pasttime, though, that we all enjoy...


sitting in their air conditioned bedroom reading bedtime stories.

Goodnight little divas.  Sleep tight.  Mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment